We are excited to share the 2015 winners of the 17th annual NorthCoast 99 Awards! These organizations, recognized as great places to work in Northeast Ohio, have demonstrated excellence in attracting, motivating and retaining top performers through an application process completed earlier this spring. The 2015 NorthCoast 99 winners represent 10 counties in Northeast Ohio and are from more than 14 different industries.
Of the 99 organizations winning the award, four are being honored as a Legacy Winner, having won the award 10 times. They include Cleveland Clinic, Jennings Center for Older Adults, Pomerene Hospital, and Skoda Minotti. Workplace & Community Impact Awards are being presented to Akron Children’s Hospital, The Cleveland Foundation, The Garland Company Inc., and Human Arc.
Key data and winner accomplishments from the 2015 winners include the following accomplishments:
- 93% of winners offer employees access to wellness experts such as trainers, nutritionists, and wellness specialists
- Top performers’ average tenure at their respective companies is 11 years
- 95% of winning organizations support leadership training as well as job-related or job-specific training
- 69% of winners have a policy or philosophy to only hire top performers
- 84% of winners have an “unlimited” paid time off policy that allows employees to take as much time as they need
- In 97% of organizations, employees donated their own time to a charity
- 93% of winning organizations use LinkedIn as a recruiting tool for new hires
You can also download the full Winners Report which summarizes best practices and innovative trends in the workplace among the 2015 NorthCoast 99 winners in recruiting, selection and on-boarding; compensation, rewards, and appreciation; training, development, and performance management; work/life and wellness; leadership, empowerment, and involvement; and community impact.
ERC will recognize the 2015 NorthCoast 99 winning organizations at the annual NorthCoast 99 event on September 24th. The invitation-only event, which hosts around 800 guests, will be held at Executive Caterers at Landerhaven in Mayfield Heights, Ohio.
NorthCoast 99 is sponsored by ADP, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, CareerCurve, Frantz Ward, Gino's Awards, Inside Business Magazine, Oswald Companies, and Staffing Solutions Enterprises. The program is also endorsed and supported by the Cleveland Society of Human Resource Management (CSHRM) and Lake/Geauga Area Society of Human Resources (LGASHRM).